SCHROON
Essex County
New York
Dear Bill:                                                         

We are on the steamer early sailing back
from  Pottersville. Left our  buggy at         
Schroon  Village. It will be an all  day trip
before we  return. Enjoyed it very  much.

Love from all.                          
Alice
1911
1918
Main Street

Schroon
Lake
1916
Leland Hotel

Schroon
Lake
1920s

Greetings
from
Schroon Lake
Paradox
Lake
Camp
Nawita

Severance
Discontinued
Post Office
Loch Muller
Scaroon
Manor
On March 20, 1804, the Town of Schroon was annexed from the Town of Crown Point. Subsequently, on March
7, 1817, the Town of Minerva was taken from the Town of Schroon. On February 26, 1840, a part of the Town of
Schroon was given back to the Town of Crown Point. Some early records show the town name as "Scaroon".
The town was settled as early as 1797 by
Scribners, Pettees, Lelands and Bowkers among others.
Historian
Alexander Van Lint
 
P.O. Box 353
Schroon Lake, NY 12870
518-532-0592
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF SCHROON
Alder Meadow, Charley's Hill, Loch Muller, Paradox, Paradox Lake, Severance, Schroon Falls, Schroon Lake, South Schroon
Previous Town              Historians and Towns             Next Town             Map

Journal Contents 1984-2005  |  Links  |  Society Organization  |  Ahnentafels  |  Queries  |  Back to top