The Town of Saranac was removed from the Town of Plattsburgh on March 29, 1824. Russell Case and Ezekiel Pearce first settled in the area about 1802 with Saranac Hollow, Redford and Russia being the first villages. The town was named after the river, which was named for an Indian term variously translated as "river flowing under a rock" or "entrance of a river into a lake".
83 Ganong Drive Saranac, NY 12981
COMMUNITIES IN THE TOWN OF SARANAC
Buck Corners, Clayburgh, Elsinore, Hardscrabble, High Bank, Lobdell, Louise, Moffittsville, Picketts Corners, Petersburgh, Redford, Riverview, Saranac, Standish (aka Williamstown)